St. Michael and All Angels
The architecture of the village of Verwood is generally rather uninspired, but this church built in 1893 and designed by Adie and Adie of Bradford-on-Avon is very interesting. The original building has been hugely extended by grafting on north and south aisles under a lean-to roof that looks as though it really belongs. Both structures extend west and join with a porch between them. A very pleasing and clever solution to an extension for a growing congregation.
The Trust gratefully acknowledges images and text by Robin Adeney ©