This is rural England at its best! The tiny village perches on the side of the escarpment and the little church clings to the side. It has absolutely magnificent views, albeit rather spoilt by vast electricity pylons and cables.
The church is in a very simple chapel style and was built in 1854 to a design by an unrecorded architect. However, it is the brilliant abstract stained glass in the east window by Arthur Buss (1967), which makes a visit so rewarding. Note, the slate floor to the altar area.
The Trust gratefully acknowledges images and text by Robin Adeney ©