Charmouth

Postcode for SatNavDT6 6LN
O.S. Landranger Map reference193-364936

Charmouth

St. Andrew

Erected in 1836 to a design by Charles Fowler (this was his only church in Dorset) it replaced an earlier building of 1290.  This is a very tall Commissioners' type church, featuring a gallery with a rather splendid organ across the western end of the nave.  The area below the gallery has been sensitively enclosed to form a church room.  The 1885 open pulpit, constructed of stone and marble, with tester of 1961 above, is interesting.  The reredos with a painted Lamb is also of great interest.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Trust gratefully acknowledges images and text by Robin Adeney ©