Postcode for SatNavSP7 0QW
O.S. Landranger Map reference183-824212

All Saints

This a simple chapel-style church with quite a dramatic single bellcote.  It was built in 1868 to a design by John Hicks of Dorchester, one year before his sudden death.  Hicks was responsible for the building or restoration of 27 churches and as a result must be regarded as, by far, the most prolific Victorian architect in the county  On 3rd October 1867, The Dorset County Chronicle reported a gala day following the roofing-in of the new church at which about 300 people took tea and participated in rustic sports while the Sturminster band played lively music!

Search by Village Name