The Church is now in the care of the Churches Conservation Trust and is unlocked and open daily. The Chase Benefice, in which it is situated, and neighbouring parish of Tarrant Keyneston arrange services on four Sundays in the summer the church having no electric light.
It was once part of the richest nunneries in England being founded about 1230 by Bishop Poore of Salisbury for Cistercian nuns.
it is well worth a visit for its remnants of wall paintings which, like some stained glass windows, were to instruct the parishioners. There is also the long, elegant interior with oak furnishings and a beautiful sixteenth-century wagon roof as well as several thirteenth and fourteenth-century coffin lids set in the floor, probably of abbesses and nuns.
The Trust gratefully acknowledges photographs and text by Tim Smith ©