Bryanston - St. Martin

Postcode for SatNavDT11 0PX
O.S. Landranger Map reference194-875070

Blandford

Bryanstone

St. Martin

This magnificent estate church stands apart from the bustle of the great house it serves.  It was built for Lord Portman in 1895-8 at about the same time as the new mansion was being erected to a design by EP Warren and was one of the first churches to have electricity installed.  Bryanston is now a public school and the church serves most fittingly as a chapel.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Trust gratefully acknowledges images and text by Robin Adeney ©