St. John - Redundant
Denis Bond of Creech Grange built this church in 1746 using some of the material from the ruins of 12c priory church at East Holme (see East Holme). The most significant of these is the magnificent semi-circular chancel arch with characteristic chevron mouldings. Other Bonds twice added to the building during the 19c. Nathaniel Bond was responsible for the elegant cupola around 1859. The pews were renewed in 1913 and the building was re-roofed, rather inappropriately, with asbestos cement sheeting in 1964.
The Trust gratefully acknowledges images and text by Robin Adeney ©