Postcode for SatNavDT2 8QR
O.S. Landranger Map reference194-776918

St. John the Evangelist

The hamlet of Tincleton lies in the flat open valley of the river Frome, surrounded by meadows.

This is a well executed Victorian church with an elegant double bellcote of 1849 by Benjamin Ferry.  Inside, there is an elaborate alabaster reredos of 1889 and a Norman font.

Note, Clyffe House of 1842 in a Tudor style, half a mile to the northeast, also designed by Ferry (for Charles Porcher).

The Trust gratefully acknowledges images and text by Robin Adeney ©