St. Michael and All Angels
When this church is viewed from the road leading down from the A35 trunk road it seems to stand very upright and one is immediately aware of the magnificent tower of 1403. By 1858, the original church, which reached back to 1304 was in a sorry state and a new building was grafted onto the old tower to a design by Talbot Bury.
The font has been dated at 1154 and there is an interesting organ with an attractive arrangement of the pipes. Outside, there is an important 14c English sculpture of Calvary and is found on the left side of the west door.
The Trust gratefully acknowledges images and text by Robin Adeney ©